Monday, September 14, 2009
sustainable open house day
The afternoon was great yesterday. There were many visitors to our village, a jumping castle, which Matti didn't go into, as it was never empty, and he doesn't like going in with other children, face painting, sausage sizzle at the community centre - where we got stuck. Matti played in the sand, helped later on to transfer all the drinks to the fridges, Lucille crawled around, had a look, a lick of things ;-), and also played with another little boy with sand, little rocks and touching each other's hair. Matti also enjoyed a swim...and he drank his first lemonade...I talked to one woman from Germany, Meinerzhagen, actually...which is so close to where I'm from. There are so many German speaking people living here, wonderful. She will also move to the village soon. And another woman from the States. They are about to start building as well. She has a gas allergy and we were sitting right behind the gas bbq. I did Access on her and she felt a big release in her neck and shoulders already, so will be interesting to hear how she has been today, after all the exposure to gas, but with the Access Treatment.
We stayed long, until around 5.30pm, and then didn't go back for Pizza, as Lucille didn't have an afternoon sleep, I was very tired as well and then thought it better to stay home. They had the Pizza oven fired up, and I had even prepared some dough...oh well, wasn't meant to be.
We had a few organic sausages at the sizzle and were not hungry anyway.
I wrote about Lucille spoonfeeding herself a few days ago...well, mostly it takes to long for her liking, so she just goes over the plate like a doggy and tries to get the food that way :-) - see photo.
- birdwatching, landscaping, walking :-)
- Grand Final Day and Lucille's first big walks
- Krummeluse Tablets
- weeds, canetoads...are they really evil??
- dust storm
- Lucille on Telephone
- standing more and more
- Lucille's new skills - Matti's new skills - Matti ...
- Kung Fu and Tai Chi
- Beach day :-)
- Lucille - Daddyyy
- 'ran-zation' ....
- the individuality of the village homes
- autonomous education - unschooling
- another article on autonomous education
- autonomous home education - what is it (copy of ar...
- sustainable open house day
- authentic blog?
- Went to the Farmers market for the first...
- Lucille's first self spoon feeding
- playing playing playing
- 08 September first beach and OP shop visit Ok, th...
- Minty is gone
- why - our 'freestyle' life?
- ▼ September (25)
- I'm a mother of two beautiful children. We are parenting in an autonomous way, not schooling and learning by living, taking each other seriously and all of our needs into account. So our life is very rich and exciting as we have the time to 'smell the roses' :-) and live in the moment, 'going with the flow'. We are part of a sustainable community. It's wonderful to live in harmony with the earth and for the children to grow up conscious of their environment. I'm a Yoga Instructor and BodyTalk Practitioner (www.bodytalksystem.com). BodyTalk stimulates your body’s innate ability to heal itself on all levels and no other modality has ever made that much sense to me...hence why I've become a practitioner:-). I also work as an independent Sales Advisor for the Learning Ladder, promoting and selling educational books and toys, facilitating get togethers in people's homes or public centres, as the products are only available via direct selling and it's something that the kids and I do together to 'earn' our home library. With two little children, my main yoga practice is 'living my yoga' in whatever I do.