Friday, September 11, 2009
Lucille's first self spoon feeding
Lucille fed herself for the first time with a spoon today. When Matti and I eat icecream (made of banana, raw milk, cinnamon and a bit of cacao), she always comes to share with us, going mmmmhhh :-). Today she took the spoon out of our hand, dipped it into the bowl and then into her mouth. That easy :-).
So, if we think we have to TEACH children by lecturing??? They learn most by observing and that since birth.
She also spent a while in the kitchen chasing around little green peas, rolling them and of course tasting them.
She has just been sleeping for almost 2 hours...must have needed it, as she was very grumpy all morning.
For approx one week now, we have been woken up by the same bird, he starts his very monotonous song at a bit before 5 and he is quite loud.
There is also a Plover Couple nesting on the still empty block opposite us and they swoop everyone walking by. The mum sits on the eggs all day and night and the dad runs and flies around protecting them fiercly....very strange that they nist on the ground.
We are off to the community centre now for a swim and play.
Oh Mama, habe heute Quarkstrudel gebacken, aus rotem Thermomixbuch. Photo ist anbei, sieht aus wie ne Pistole, fuer Matti :-).
- birdwatching, landscaping, walking :-)
- Grand Final Day and Lucille's first big walks
- Krummeluse Tablets
- weeds, canetoads...are they really evil??
- dust storm
- Lucille on Telephone
- standing more and more
- Lucille's new skills - Matti's new skills - Matti ...
- Kung Fu and Tai Chi
- Beach day :-)
- Lucille - Daddyyy
- 'ran-zation' ....
- the individuality of the village homes
- autonomous education - unschooling
- another article on autonomous education
- autonomous home education - what is it (copy of ar...
- sustainable open house day
- authentic blog?
- Went to the Farmers market for the first...
- Lucille's first self spoon feeding
- playing playing playing
- 08 September first beach and OP shop visit Ok, th...
- Minty is gone
- why - our 'freestyle' life?
- ▼ September (25)
- I'm a mother of two beautiful children. We are parenting in an autonomous way, not schooling and learning by living, taking each other seriously and all of our needs into account. So our life is very rich and exciting as we have the time to 'smell the roses' :-) and live in the moment, 'going with the flow'. We are part of a sustainable community. It's wonderful to live in harmony with the earth and for the children to grow up conscious of their environment. I'm a Yoga Instructor and BodyTalk Practitioner (www.bodytalksystem.com). BodyTalk stimulates your body’s innate ability to heal itself on all levels and no other modality has ever made that much sense to me...hence why I've become a practitioner:-). I also work as an independent Sales Advisor for the Learning Ladder, promoting and selling educational books and toys, facilitating get togethers in people's homes or public centres, as the products are only available via direct selling and it's something that the kids and I do together to 'earn' our home library. With two little children, my main yoga practice is 'living my yoga' in whatever I do.