Monday, September 28, 2009
birdwatching, landscaping, walking :-)
We went birdwatching yesterday, to "The Armchair Twitch™", which is a competition to observe the most species of birds from a fixed location anywhere in Australia. It is designed to promote birdwatching as a relaxing pastime & to raise money for the conservation of wild birds. It is suitable for all ages and all members of the community including those with limited mobility.-
It was at two locations here in the village and quite fun. We took our binoculars and Matti loved looking out for birds.
What a great way to get to know the wildlife around us - a life biology class :-).
Matti and Justin also continued to landscape our entrance, putting down little rocks for drainage purposes (see photos). Today they continued to dig out a path from our back verandah.
Lucille has been practicing her walking. It looked almost as if she was surfing :-).
- birdwatching, landscaping, walking :-)
- Grand Final Day and Lucille's first big walks
- Krummeluse Tablets
- weeds, canetoads...are they really evil??
- dust storm
- Lucille on Telephone
- standing more and more
- Lucille's new skills - Matti's new skills - Matti ...
- Kung Fu and Tai Chi
- Beach day :-)
- Lucille - Daddyyy
- 'ran-zation' ....
- the individuality of the village homes
- autonomous education - unschooling
- another article on autonomous education
- autonomous home education - what is it (copy of ar...
- sustainable open house day
- authentic blog?
- Went to the Farmers market for the first...
- Lucille's first self spoon feeding
- playing playing playing
- 08 September first beach and OP shop visit Ok, th...
- Minty is gone
- why - our 'freestyle' life?
- ▼ September (25)
- I'm a mother of two beautiful children. We are parenting in an autonomous way, not schooling and learning by living, taking each other seriously and all of our needs into account. So our life is very rich and exciting as we have the time to 'smell the roses' :-) and live in the moment, 'going with the flow'. We are part of a sustainable community. It's wonderful to live in harmony with the earth and for the children to grow up conscious of their environment. I'm a Yoga Instructor and BodyTalk Practitioner (www.bodytalksystem.com). BodyTalk stimulates your body’s innate ability to heal itself on all levels and no other modality has ever made that much sense to me...hence why I've become a practitioner:-). I also work as an independent Sales Advisor for the Learning Ladder, promoting and selling educational books and toys, facilitating get togethers in people's homes or public centres, as the products are only available via direct selling and it's something that the kids and I do together to 'earn' our home library. With two little children, my main yoga practice is 'living my yoga' in whatever I do.