Thursday, September 24, 2009
Matti's favourite place...our pantry. He has his chair in there and stands in there many times during the day, just looking around and wondering what he should eat....
He put on his firefighter outfit today, so that he would be safe, in case the plovers would attack him when he went outside.
Lucille took 2 little steps today...
And we went for a big bikeride tonight and Matti went the furthest and fastest he has ever gone.
To my birthday tomorrow, Matti said that he wants us to skip it and make it go away, as he doesn't want me to get older. He also wants me to order 'Krummeluse tablets', so that I stay forever young. (Pippi Langstrumpf, Longstocking, talks about them, she gives them to her friends and tells them that they will always stay children if they take them....). He's been asking me often lately, if I will every get old, and look like an old woman. I said: Yes, and he sad: Schaaade. (Which means how sad....). mmmh....Well, I better go and find some Krummelliese tablets then :-).
Matti has also been cleaning the mirror every morning in the bathroom and tonight he cleaned the crumbs out of the toaster...then he said to me: 'sauberkeit ist alles im Leben'. (cleanliness is everything in life). I almost fell over laughing. Then he said that Annika says that (Pippi Langstrumpf's friend).
I guess it's important what they watch, heh?!, considering how much they take in.
Good night :-)
- birdwatching, landscaping, walking :-)
- Grand Final Day and Lucille's first big walks
- Krummeluse Tablets
- weeds, canetoads...are they really evil??
- dust storm
- Lucille on Telephone
- standing more and more
- Lucille's new skills - Matti's new skills - Matti ...
- Kung Fu and Tai Chi
- Beach day :-)
- Lucille - Daddyyy
- 'ran-zation' ....
- the individuality of the village homes
- autonomous education - unschooling
- another article on autonomous education
- autonomous home education - what is it (copy of ar...
- sustainable open house day
- authentic blog?
- Went to the Farmers market for the first...
- Lucille's first self spoon feeding
- playing playing playing
- 08 September first beach and OP shop visit Ok, th...
- Minty is gone
- why - our 'freestyle' life?
- ▼ September (25)
- I'm a mother of two beautiful children. We are parenting in an autonomous way, not schooling and learning by living, taking each other seriously and all of our needs into account. So our life is very rich and exciting as we have the time to 'smell the roses' :-) and live in the moment, 'going with the flow'. We are part of a sustainable community. It's wonderful to live in harmony with the earth and for the children to grow up conscious of their environment. I'm a Yoga Instructor and BodyTalk Practitioner (www.bodytalksystem.com). BodyTalk stimulates your body’s innate ability to heal itself on all levels and no other modality has ever made that much sense to me...hence why I've become a practitioner:-). I also work as an independent Sales Advisor for the Learning Ladder, promoting and selling educational books and toys, facilitating get togethers in people's homes or public centres, as the products are only available via direct selling and it's something that the kids and I do together to 'earn' our home library. With two little children, my main yoga practice is 'living my yoga' in whatever I do.