Thursday, September 17, 2009
Kung Fu and Tai Chi
Well, we went to the first Kung Fu class here in the village community hall on Wednesday night. There were lots of kids and parents. Matti was quite excited about it, cleaned his teeth for it and dressed nicely...(on his own accord :-) ). After 10 minutes he was thirsty, then he wanted to eat, then he said he wanted to go outside....he asked, will he be here later, when I'm older? It just doesn't interest me right now." So, him and Nicholas played outside, while I kept going with Lucille in the Ergo, on the front, on the back, breastfeeding while doing Kung Fu :-)...she played a bit on the floor and I got to do the whole class. It's not so much my cup of tea, I must say...too fast and too much coordination for the moves. I need something more calming, so the Tai Chi class afterwards was more to my liking. By then the kids had enough though and I only got to do approx. half of the class. I very much enjoyed it though and was grateful that I got to take part of it for a while.
- birdwatching, landscaping, walking :-)
- Grand Final Day and Lucille's first big walks
- Krummeluse Tablets
- weeds, canetoads...are they really evil??
- dust storm
- Lucille on Telephone
- standing more and more
- Lucille's new skills - Matti's new skills - Matti ...
- Kung Fu and Tai Chi
- Beach day :-)
- Lucille - Daddyyy
- 'ran-zation' ....
- the individuality of the village homes
- autonomous education - unschooling
- another article on autonomous education
- autonomous home education - what is it (copy of ar...
- sustainable open house day
- authentic blog?
- Went to the Farmers market for the first...
- Lucille's first self spoon feeding
- playing playing playing
- 08 September first beach and OP shop visit Ok, th...
- Minty is gone
- why - our 'freestyle' life?
- ▼ September (25)
- I'm a mother of two beautiful children. We are parenting in an autonomous way, not schooling and learning by living, taking each other seriously and all of our needs into account. So our life is very rich and exciting as we have the time to 'smell the roses' :-) and live in the moment, 'going with the flow'. We are part of a sustainable community. It's wonderful to live in harmony with the earth and for the children to grow up conscious of their environment. I'm a Yoga Instructor and BodyTalk Practitioner (www.bodytalksystem.com). BodyTalk stimulates your body’s innate ability to heal itself on all levels and no other modality has ever made that much sense to me...hence why I've become a practitioner:-). I also work as an independent Sales Advisor for the Learning Ladder, promoting and selling educational books and toys, facilitating get togethers in people's homes or public centres, as the products are only available via direct selling and it's something that the kids and I do together to 'earn' our home library. With two little children, my main yoga practice is 'living my yoga' in whatever I do.