Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Have had a full on dust storm today, coming up from NSW. Our house is finely covered with dust everywhere inside and it's hard to breathe actually...makes you appreciate sunshine and fresh, clean air, that's for sure.
We were at the community centre and pool today, when it really came in - see photos for the colour of the air. Would love a huge rain storm now to clean it all up.
Have been reading a lot about Gardening today and am very excited to get one up and running - want to start with a living fence, trees and hedges and flowers, and then work from the outside in. I don't really know anything yet, so a totally new adventure ahead.
Ok, am unsure if to open the windows or close...the air in here is bad, when I open up it seems better, but having it open a bit, it seems worse again...
Ok, just cleaned while downloading photos...my poor little girl crawling around in the dust, and didn't want to keep the dirt in. So, windows closed it is. I sprayed some essential oils and have done Access on myself and it should be fine now. Going to the beach tomorrow if the air is still dusty...
Lucille took one tiny, half, step today, without holding on...she is very close.
She loves to pull other little babies' hair, so the little boy on the photo, Kiki, was in for something today. He is very cute and they both crawl in a similar style, with one leg up.
Matti told me a good night story last evening, and it was veeery looong, and very exciting, lots of most impossible things happened :-).
On the photos, have a look at the girl with the pink shirt, skirt and pink shoes. Matti said today he would like shoes like that :-) - they were pink, with feathers on top and the heels were a little high. I love how he goes from being a lion, shark, robber, policeman, to 'balerina', fairy, or wanting to wear shoes like that...they can be all of it, until someone starts mocking them for it.
- birdwatching, landscaping, walking :-)
- Grand Final Day and Lucille's first big walks
- Krummeluse Tablets
- weeds, canetoads...are they really evil??
- dust storm
- Lucille on Telephone
- standing more and more
- Lucille's new skills - Matti's new skills - Matti ...
- Kung Fu and Tai Chi
- Beach day :-)
- Lucille - Daddyyy
- 'ran-zation' ....
- the individuality of the village homes
- autonomous education - unschooling
- another article on autonomous education
- autonomous home education - what is it (copy of ar...
- sustainable open house day
- authentic blog?
- Went to the Farmers market for the first...
- Lucille's first self spoon feeding
- playing playing playing
- 08 September first beach and OP shop visit Ok, th...
- Minty is gone
- why - our 'freestyle' life?
- ▼ September (25)
- I'm a mother of two beautiful children. We are parenting in an autonomous way, not schooling and learning by living, taking each other seriously and all of our needs into account. So our life is very rich and exciting as we have the time to 'smell the roses' :-) and live in the moment, 'going with the flow'. We are part of a sustainable community. It's wonderful to live in harmony with the earth and for the children to grow up conscious of their environment. I'm a Yoga Instructor and BodyTalk Practitioner (www.bodytalksystem.com). BodyTalk stimulates your body’s innate ability to heal itself on all levels and no other modality has ever made that much sense to me...hence why I've become a practitioner:-). I also work as an independent Sales Advisor for the Learning Ladder, promoting and selling educational books and toys, facilitating get togethers in people's homes or public centres, as the products are only available via direct selling and it's something that the kids and I do together to 'earn' our home library. With two little children, my main yoga practice is 'living my yoga' in whatever I do.