Friday, September 18, 2009

Lucille's new skills - Matti's new skills - Matti and his dream Motorbikes


























Lucille climbed onto a little bench today and got a new view out of our window - glad we have security screens, so I don't need to worry that she might fall out. She was so proud of herself and kept doing it over and over.
Also this morning, I had Matti on my lap, she saw a book on the other side of us, and she didn't try to climb over us, but actually looked and then walked around us. Sounds simple, but it's incredible to witness how the brain suddenly works differently, as she used to just try to climb over us, straightest way there :-).
She also discovered how to open the toilet lid...I think I mentioned that already? She pushes cars around, and looks at books a lot.

Ok, to Matti, he came to me today and said, I show you something, he took a pen and paper and drew a Y. Then he showed me a few other letters, copying some of them off the pen he was drawing with.
Also fascinating to see how they do just learn to write, at their own pace.

He is also very much enjoying to build cubby houses....I'm the architect and he is the builder.

We went to a Motorbike 'garage' yesterday and took some photos of the machines he wants to have when he is older - he can't wait to have a motorcrossbike :-).
There were some awesome bikes there. Motorbiking is very popular in QLD.

We also saw 'SWELL', a sculpture exhibition along the beach in Currumbin. Very interesting.

The weather has been lovely, sunny, mid 20s and a beautiful breeze. We have the whole house open and it is soooooooo comfy.
Justin is finally coming back today, which we are all happy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of two beautiful children. We are parenting in an autonomous way, not schooling and learning by living, taking each other seriously and all of our needs into account. So our life is very rich and exciting as we have the time to 'smell the roses' :-) and live in the moment, 'going with the flow'. We are part of a sustainable community. It's wonderful to live in harmony with the earth and for the children to grow up conscious of their environment. I'm a Yoga Instructor and BodyTalk Practitioner (www.bodytalksystem.com). BodyTalk stimulates your body’s innate ability to heal itself on all levels and no other modality has ever made that much sense to me...hence why I've become a practitioner:-). I also work as an independent Sales Advisor for the Learning Ladder, promoting and selling educational books and toys, facilitating get togethers in people's homes or public centres, as the products are only available via direct selling and it's something that the kids and I do together to 'earn' our home library. With two little children, my main yoga practice is 'living my yoga' in whatever I do.

us 4

us 4

My Blog List

Search This Blog