Thursday, November 26, 2009

new milestones


























We've been at the pool and beach a lot and in the water every day.
Matti swam his first lap 2 days ago, and did 3 of them, with a break. He can also dive down and get everything off the ground.
He has been practicing freestyle and backstroke as well and is advancing every day. With so many people from the community at the pool whom he knows, he watches how they all swim and learns from it.

Lucille is "talking" more and more, and playing more and more. Another tooth is just breaking through, so she has 4 at the top and the third just coming out at the bottom.

We were at the beach this morning from 8-10, and I'm quite burned, Lucille a little bit and Matti not at all. He is most of the time
without a top, so his skin has a nice natural protection.
It was beautiful this morning, with a nice pool at the beach (see photos). We met another Mum who homeschools, with 2 girls. It's interesting to see how different most girls play - the mum was sitting with them, quietly building a sandcastle, while Matti was running around, digging, playing crocodile with me, chasing seagulls etc...
Then I met another interesting woman, they had bought land here in the village, when it first started, but then went to New Zealand. She is also a Yoga Instructor and originally from Hawaii and California. We had lots in common...that's why I got burned, as I chatted too much :-). Have been covered in Silicea since then, so it should be fine again soon. Better no swimming pool today.

It has been a week of meeting lots of new people. There is a couple from France here in the village at the moment, housesitting. The Mum is originally from Canada and the husband works for an American company from 'home'...home can then be anywhere, as he can work from his laptop...great! They have 3 children, and they also came to the park with us on Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. I am new to your blog ... I am not sure where you live but it is beautiful. My family and I are seeking a village to live!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of two beautiful children. We are parenting in an autonomous way, not schooling and learning by living, taking each other seriously and all of our needs into account. So our life is very rich and exciting as we have the time to 'smell the roses' :-) and live in the moment, 'going with the flow'. We are part of a sustainable community. It's wonderful to live in harmony with the earth and for the children to grow up conscious of their environment. I'm a Yoga Instructor and BodyTalk Practitioner (www.bodytalksystem.com). BodyTalk stimulates your body’s innate ability to heal itself on all levels and no other modality has ever made that much sense to me...hence why I've become a practitioner:-). I also work as an independent Sales Advisor for the Learning Ladder, promoting and selling educational books and toys, facilitating get togethers in people's homes or public centres, as the products are only available via direct selling and it's something that the kids and I do together to 'earn' our home library. With two little children, my main yoga practice is 'living my yoga' in whatever I do.

us 4

us 4

My Blog List

Search This Blog