Monday, November 9, 2009

creating our garden....

...what trees do we plant? what kind of family tree do we choose? what kind of herbs do I want to put in? what veggies do we want to grow? how do we create our living fence (hedge) around our borders?....so many questions to be solved.

It's a very exciting project and we are well on our way.
There is tons to learn, as I don't have any experience in gardening...I think I have never dug up anything in my whole life, nor planted anything :(...quite sad, heh?! So, definitely time to start it and also for our children to grow up with it.

The last few weeks, as I mentioned in a previous post on here, I've been reading the Ringing Cedars of Russia sequel. The books (or more Anastasia) talk about Man's purpose in life. About how if everyone living on the Earth took a hectare of land and created a corner of Paradise on it, the whole Earth would be transformed into Paradise. The books explain this so simply and convincingly, it has been mindblowing. The book I've just finished, number 7, also sheds further light on the forgotten pages of humanity's history, on religion, on the roots of inter-racial and inter-religious conflict, on ideal nutrition and shows a new way of thinking and a lifestyle in true harmony with Nature, which can lead to happiness and solve personal and societal problems of crime, corruption, misery, conflict, war and violence. My eyes have been opened and my awareness has increased from all this new knowledge. I've been immersed in this info over the last weeks and still need to process it and find ways to incorporate and make it applicable to our life.
Creating a garden, our space of love, is a huge part of it. My main question: How can we really live sustainable and free? All of us together? Without the family being apart for most of the time due to work...which especially children just find so painful. (Today was another Monday morning with Matti blues, as Daddy not home anymore after 4 days and a whole week ahead of him until he sees him again....Also Lucille says Daddyyyy all day long, but he is not here :(....- have to put our thoughts to the days that he will be and put out to find a solution for the near future....)
Anyway, no time to muse about this now, I have to go to sleep and also keep planning what we will plant etc.
Just a quick update where my mind has been....:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of two beautiful children. We are parenting in an autonomous way, not schooling and learning by living, taking each other seriously and all of our needs into account. So our life is very rich and exciting as we have the time to 'smell the roses' :-) and live in the moment, 'going with the flow'. We are part of a sustainable community. It's wonderful to live in harmony with the earth and for the children to grow up conscious of their environment. I'm a Yoga Instructor and BodyTalk Practitioner (www.bodytalksystem.com). BodyTalk stimulates your body’s innate ability to heal itself on all levels and no other modality has ever made that much sense to me...hence why I've become a practitioner:-). I also work as an independent Sales Advisor for the Learning Ladder, promoting and selling educational books and toys, facilitating get togethers in people's homes or public centres, as the products are only available via direct selling and it's something that the kids and I do together to 'earn' our home library. With two little children, my main yoga practice is 'living my yoga' in whatever I do.

us 4

us 4

My Blog List

Search This Blog