Monday, November 9, 2009

BodyTalk at Bike Race





On Sunday we had a bike race from Byron Bay finishing in our village. Around 430 riders took part and it was a great event. In the morning I had thought: Oh, I should have maybe offered BodyTalk sessions to them, as I have heard from a few BodyTalkers who have done Access Treatments on Marathon runners or other sports people at certain events. I had only heard about this race during the week and because we had been sick hadn't put any more thought into it. Anyway, the kids and I went down there on our bikes and another woman from our village was just setting up her table for Kahuna Massages. After talking to her, I felt very drawn to put my previous idea into fruition, so cycled back home with Lucille on my back and Matti on his bike, asked Justin, who was working and sweating away in the garden, to please help me, get our treatment table, drive us down there and help look after the children. I got some brochures as well, and some minutes later we were back down and set up right in time for the first racers cycling in.
We were then busy for over 3 hours, Karen doing Kahuna Massages and me giving BodyTalk Access Treatments to many very appreciative, very exhausted and dehydrated riders. It was great fun, very exciting to be using it for my first time in a setting like this and also earning some money while having fun and helping people.
Lucille had a sleep in the Ergo on Justin and it all worked out quite well.
Would really like to do this more often...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of two beautiful children. We are parenting in an autonomous way, not schooling and learning by living, taking each other seriously and all of our needs into account. So our life is very rich and exciting as we have the time to 'smell the roses' :-) and live in the moment, 'going with the flow'. We are part of a sustainable community. It's wonderful to live in harmony with the earth and for the children to grow up conscious of their environment. I'm a Yoga Instructor and BodyTalk Practitioner (www.bodytalksystem.com). BodyTalk stimulates your body’s innate ability to heal itself on all levels and no other modality has ever made that much sense to me...hence why I've become a practitioner:-). I also work as an independent Sales Advisor for the Learning Ladder, promoting and selling educational books and toys, facilitating get togethers in people's homes or public centres, as the products are only available via direct selling and it's something that the kids and I do together to 'earn' our home library. With two little children, my main yoga practice is 'living my yoga' in whatever I do.

us 4

us 4

My Blog List

Search This Blog